Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
1. Compare and contrast culture and ethnicity. In what ways can ethnic identity change with time and/or location? Give specific examples in your answer.
2. Explain the relationships between race, biological diversity, and clines. Why is the concept of race problematic in the study of cultures and societies?
3. What are the relationships between applied anthropology, development anthropology, and equity? Choose at least two examples that are not in your text to illustrate your answer.
4. Explain the two major fallacies of applied anthropology with respect to innovation. How can these errors be avoided? Use contemporary examples to support your answer.
5. What are urban anthropology and medical anthropology? Why are they important? What types of problems do they attempt to address? Use specific examples in your answer.