To build customer relationships and work effectively on behalf of your organisation you will need to understand:
- industry and organisational professional service standards
- the attitudes and attributes expected when engaging with customers
- the range of different customer service needs and expectations that are applicable to the organisation for which you work
- the benefits to customers and to the organisation of building good relationships and supporting loyal customers
- the essential features and use of customer databases (if they are applicable to your organisation)
How will you acquire this understanding?