Organizational Leadership and Diversity in the Workplace
- Identify the characteristics of good leaders.
- Describe the trait, behavioral, contingent, charismatic, and transformational approaches to leadership.
- Explain the impact a situation has on leadership.
- Articulate the focus of authentic leadership.
- Explain the challenges to the leadership construct.
- Discuss the implications of leadership during times of change.
- Compare the distinction between leadership and management.
- Explain the variety and sources of increased diversity in the United States.
- Identify and discuss the barriers to acceptance of diversity in organizations.
- Define sexual harassment and illustrate its breadth of application in the workplace.
- Discuss the relevance of leadership, climate, emotions, and dealing with difficult people in regard to diversity in organizations.
- Demonstrate methods for establishing effective diversity programs within organizations.