Instructions are attached to the word document below.
Read the story in the links attached below and write a (4 pages maximum, Arial 12 font, double spaced, MLA style) explaining the below questions:
- I want you to delve deeper into the story. What lesson, moral, or universal truth is the author leading readers to?
- What I really want you to show me is that you have an understanding of, and can give examples by name, (without re-telling the story)
- What kinds of Conflicts do you see? in other words, what’s driving the narrative (antagonist vs protagonist)?
- Is there heavy use of Symbolism?
- How many kinds of Irony can you identify (in its different forms)?
- Is there heavy use of Motif?
- Themes (what are the main ideas driving the narrative)?
- Read “between the lines” and interpret what you think the story really means, or what philosophical ideas or universal truths the author is using the story to discuss.